How do I setup an SSL certificate?
- Log in to WHM.
- Enter Username/Password.
- Go to your Homepage.
- Click SSL/TLS.
- Click Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain.
- Type in your domain name.
- Input your Certificate Files.
- Click Install.
What is SSL certificate configuration?
An SSL Certificate is a text file with encrypted data that you install on your server so that you can secure/encrypt sensitive communications between your site and your customers. (Learn more about the certificate validation process.) Once validated, we issue your SSL Certificate and send it to you via email.
What certificate is used for SSL?
Unified Communications Certificates (UCC) are also considered Multi-Domain SSL certificates. UCCs were initially designed to secure Microsoft Exchange and Live Communications servers. Today, any website owner can use these certificates to allow multiple domain names to be secured on a single certificate.
How set SSL certificate in SQL Server?
In SQL Server Configuration Manager, expand SQL Server Network Configuration, right-click Protocols for , and then select Properties. On the Certificate tab, select the desired certificate from the Certificate drop-down menu, and then click OK.
How do I use an SSL Certificate on my website?
How to activate your certificate:
- Go to the Websites & Domains tab.
- In the section for the domain name you want to use, click Show More.
- Click Hosting Settings.
- In the Security section, select SSL support.
- Select the Certificate you created, and then click OK.
How do I create a SSL certificate for my website?
How to Get an SSL Certificate in 7 Simple Steps
- Have the Correct Website Information.
- Decide Which SSL Certificate You Need.
- Choose a Certificate Authority.
- Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Submit the CSR to Your Certificate Authority.
- Await Validation by Your Certificate Authority.
- Install Your SSL Certificate.
How does SSL work step by step?
how SSL works
- A browser attempts to connect to a web site secured with SSL.
- The server sends the browser a copy of its SSL certificate.
- The browser checks whether it trusts the SSL certificate.
- The server sends back a digitally signed acknowledgement to start an SSL encrypted session.
Where is SSL used?
Typically, SSL is used to secure credit card transactions, data transfer and logins, and more recently is becoming the norm when securing browsing of social media sites. SSL Certificates bind together: A domain name, server name or hostname. An organizational identity (i.e. company name) and location.
What is SSL certificate in SQL Server?
The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) can be used to encrypt data transferred on your network between your SQL Server instance and a client application. SSL uses certificates to validate the server and the client should verify the certificate using the chain of trust where the trust anchor is the root certificate authority.
Where is SSL certificate on server?
To view certificates for the current user, open the command console, and then type certmgr. msc. The Certificate Manager tool for the current user appears. To view your certificates, under Certificates – Current User in the left pane, expand the directory for the type of certificate you want to view.
How do I get a SSL certificate for my website?
- Step 1: Select the Appropriate Certificate for Your Site.
- Step 2: Generate the Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Step 3: Complete the Order Process.
- Step 4: Validation by Your Chosen Certificate Authority.
- Step 5: Install the SSL/TLS Certificate on Your Server(s)
How to enable a SSL certificate?
Certificate Signing Request. To get started,you will need to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).
How do you create a SSL certificate?
Click the Windows icon in the taskbar,Search for IIS,and open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
How do I install a SSL certificate?
Once you’ve located it on your computer, you’ll need to apply a “Friendly name” to it, which is the quick name for identifying the certificate on your server. Store the certificate in the “Personal” store. Click OK to install the certificate. Your certificate should appear on the list.
How to import a certificate for SSL?
Following are the steps to Import an SSL Certificate in Windows Server: Open IIS Manager. Under IIS Area, double-click on Server Certificates Option. Right Click in the blank area and choose Import option OR from the Actions pane, click on the Import link. Now, you will see Import Certificate dialog box, in the Certificate file (.pfx) text box, write the name of file with full path where you have stored your .pfx file