What are the transform tools in After Effects?
Layers selected in the timeline have control handles that you can use to transform the layer directly in the Composition panel.
- Drag any handle to distort the layer. Shift-drag a handle to keep the layer’s proportions as it is transformed.
- Drag inside the handles to reposition a layer in the composition.
How do you show Transform tools in After Effects?
To display your hidden controls in AE use the hot-keys:
- PC – Ctrl+Shift+H.
- MAC -Command+Shift+H.
How do I turn on Transform controls in After Effects?
right click on your timeline column headers and turn on switches. They fall under that.
Can you transform in after effects?
Adobe After Effects allows you to apply and animate transformations to layers via the transform drop-down in the Timeline panel. Within the Transform tab you can change the anchor point, position, scale, rotation, and opacity of an object.
How do you distort transform in after effects?
Distort an image with the Liquify effect
- Select the layer, and choose Effect > Distort > Liquify.
- In the Layer panel, create a mask to freeze areas of the image, and then set mask properties.
- In the Effect Controls panel do the following:
- Use the tools to distort the preview of the image.
How do you warp objects in after effects?
Select the layer with the distortion, and choose Effect > Distort > Optics Compensation. In the Effect Controls panel, adjust the FOV until a distorted edge or line appears straight.
What is the shortcut for free transform?
Command + T
Shortcuts for Free Transform — When using Free Transform: Command + T (Mac) | Control + T (Win) displays the Free Transform bounding box. Position the cursor outside of the transformation handles (the cursor becomes a double headed arrow), and drag to rotate. Add the Shift key to snap to 15 degree increments.
Why is Puppet Warp greyed out?
Puppet Warp cannot be done on a blank layer, so if the option is grayed out, that’s probably why. The Puppet Warp bar contains the following options: Mode – Determines the strength of your adjustments. For large adjustments use Distort and vice versa.
What are the most important tools in after effects?
To help steer you in the right direction, here are ten of the most important tools in After Effects. 1. Shape Layers One of the best places you can start is with the shape layer.
What is a shape layer in after effects?
1. Shape Layers One of the best places you can start is with the shape layer. Shape layers are 2D, flat objects created either manually by the user with the pen tool (see below), or with a predetermined shape that After Effects offers, such as a rectangle, oval, or pentagon.
What do you think of the updated 3D tools in after effects?
As someone who has worked in After Effects for over a decade now, these updated 3D tools (aka gizmos) are long overdue and appreciated. Having all three tools directly accessible in the viewport is fantastic.
What’s new in after effects for Windows?
In addition to the improved 3D interface, After Effects is also getting improved camera tools that are meant to make it easier to navigate 3D space.