How do I fix Windows Boot Manager error 0xc00000e9?
How to Fix 0xc00000e9 Errors in Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista
- Reboot the computer.
- Disconnect all external devices.
- Scan Windows for errors.
- Boot into safe mode.
- Update the drivers.
- Perform a Windows Startup Repair.
- Scan the PC for malware.
- Test the hard drives.
How do I fix error 0xc00000e9 in Windows 8?
Fixing Error Code ‘0xc00000e9’
- Turn on your Windows PC.
- Press ‘Windows+X’ and then click ‘Computer Management’
- Click ‘Device Manager’ and then expand ‘Disk Drives’
- Right click on the affected disk drive and choose ‘Properties’
- Go to ‘Driver’ tab and note the driver version.
How do I fix error code 0xc00000e9 on my HP laptop?
how to resolve error code 0xc00000e9
- Once unit is Powered on keep tapping F8 key select Start up Repair your computer, you will need to begin a start-up repair of the system.
- Once unit is Powered on keep tapping F8 key select the option called Safe mode try doing a system restore.
How do I fix Windows boot manager failed to start?
Here’s a simple guide that you can follow to do it:
- Press F8 while booting the system to go into the Windows Recovery Menu.
- Click on Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced options to get into Automatic Repair menu.
- We need to use the Bootrec.exe tool.
- Exit and now go ahead and reboot your system.
How do I reset Windows Boot Manager?
Fix the MBR in Windows 10
- Boot from the original installation DVD (or the recovery USB)
- At the Welcome screen, click Repair your computer.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Choose Command Prompt.
- When the Command Prompt loads, type the following commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
What is error code 0xc00000e9?
0xc00000e9 is a Windows error preventing your computer from booting up. This error may be caused by loose or damaged connection of removable storage devices, missing or corrupt system files, out-of-date drivers, hard drive problems, problematic Windows update, virus attack, etc.
How to fix Windows 10 won’t boot in safe mode?
Step 1: Enter WinRE and navigate to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings. Step 2: Click F5 key to choose Enable Safe Mode with Networking option, thus booting into Safe Mode with networking. Step 3: Open File Explorer. Right-click on This PC and choose Properties.
What to do when Windows 10 won’t boot?
Windows 10 not booting is a common issue that can occur after Windows update or reset. We show you possible solutions in this post. Method 3. Update Drivers A device driver is a special program that allows computers and devices to communicate.
Why can’t I get to the advanced boot option menu?
If you are unable to get to the Advanced Boot Option menu using the F8 key, you will need to obtain a Windows Vista disc. 1. Restart your computer, tapping on the F8 button until you reach the Advanced Boot Options menu.