What eats Texas kidneywood?
It’s a host plant for the Southern Dogface butterfly, whose larvae (caterpillars) eat the leaves of Kidneywood. The fruits, maturing in September, are small brown pods attached to the ends of stems.
Is Texas sage deer proof?
Cenizo (Leucophyllum frutescens) – known also as Texas sage or Texas ranger, cenizo is an evergreen shrub with predominately silver-gray leaves. Texas mountain-laurel (Sophora secundaflora) – its fragrant flowers in the spring are a delight to people, but its thick tough leaves are not so palatable to deer.
Are Texas bluebells deer resistant?
Extremely easy to grow and deer resistant, this perennial flower blooms year after year. Seeds are 100% pure, non-GMO, neonicotinoid-free and guaranteed to grow. Limited Quantities Available! Texas Bluebonnet is a true-blue beauty and one of the worlds most well-known wildflowers.
Is Texas Kidneywood deer resistant?
Texas kidneywood is an open, airy shrub with spikes of fragrant white flowers and lacy compound leaves. Its flowers are very attractive to bees and butterflies, as the whole plant is to deer.
What is almond verbena?
Sweet almond bush is a plant that has won many fans in the American South. It’s a large shrub or small tree native to Argentina. Sweet almond shrubs offer scalloped leaves and showy white flowers that exude a powerful, honeyed fragrance. The plant is sometimes called almond verbena.
What plants will deer not eat in Texas?
- Amorpha fruticosa (Indigo bush)
- Andropogon gerardii (Big bluestem)
- Andropogon glomeratus (Bushy bluestem)
- Anisacanthus quadrifidus var.
- Asclepias incarnata (Swamp milkweed)
- Asclepias tuberosa (Butterflyweed)
- Asclepias viridis (Green antelopehorn)
- Bauhinia lunarioides (Anacacho orchid tree)
Is Redbud deer resistant?
A good winter chill is necessary for good flower set. The flowers and young pods are edible; the plants will self-seed. Western Redbud attracts hummingbirds, goldfinches, butterflies, and bees (including leaf-cutter bees) to its flowers. It is deer resistant, and resistant to Oak Root Fungus.
What Hedges will deer not eat?
Which evergreen shrubs for privacy are deer resistant?
- Common boxwood (Buxus sempervirens)
- Japanese pieris (Pieris japonica)
- Mountain laurel (Kalmia latifolia)
- Eastern red cedar (Juniperus virginiana)
- Chinese juniper (Juniperus chinensis)
- Inkberry (Ilex glabra)
Is sweet almond verbena deer resistant?
Almond verbena is a must for anyone who loves summertime fragrance! This large, shrubby, deer-resistant plant is an should be planted in full sun, or only light shade, and given plenty of room to grow. This plant does get very tall, usually very quickly.
Is almond verbena an evergreen?
It can be evergreen, semi-evergreen, or deciduous depending on where you grow it. The shrub is hardy to U.S. Department of Agriculture zone 7. In cooler areas, it grows as a deciduous dwarf plant.
What flowers will deer not eat?
10 Best Flowering Plants That Deer Will Not Eat
- 01 of 10. Bleeding Heart (Lamprocapnos spectabilis)
- 02 of 10. Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea)
- 03 of 10. Corydalis.
- 04 of 10. Coreopsis (Coreopsis)
- 05 of 10. Daffodil (Narcissus)
- 06 of 10. Lavender (Lavandula)
- 07 of 10. Lungwort (Pulmonaria officinalis)
- 08 of 10.
Is Elaeagnus deer resistant?
All tolerate seashore conditions, heat, and wind. Established plants will tolerate considerable drought. Resistant to damage by deer.