Every person who strives to conquer the scientific peak must write a thesis. This task is quite difficult since it requires a high level of knowledge from the graduate student, as well as the skills of their practical application for in-depth analysis and research of the object. Many young people are afraid of the complexity of this task, and they are not confident in their ability to write it, ask for help the best dissertation writing service.
This article will be interesting for those who decided to write a thesis on their own, here you can find information that will help you do it successfully.
What is a dissertation?
This concept can be given a definition that characterizes it as a scientific work, the writing of which is performed by a graduate student in order to obtain the appropriate title or degree.
There are three types of dissertations:
- Master thesis. This is a scientific work, according to the results of writing and successful defense of which the researcher receives the title of master of science.
- Candidate thesis. It is a more serious scientific research, the conduct of which the researcher can spend several years, as a result of which he will be awarded the title of Candidate of Sciences.
- Doctoral thesis. This type of dissertation is the most difficult and only those researchers who have already successfully defended their master’s and PhD theses are allowed to write it. It is the final step in the career of a scientist, the results of the successful defense of which he will be awarded the title of doctor of Sciences.
The thesis has a strict composition and consists of the following elements:
- title page;
- table of contents;
- main part;
The finished dissertation should be drawn up in accordance with the rules and requirements established by the specific educational institution, detailed information about which you can find at the relevant Department.
Tips for writing a dissertation
Tips for writing different types of dissertations can be given a lot, below you can find the main and common recommendations:
- Strictly follow the structure, make sure that there are appropriate parts in the thesis and do not add unnecessary elements on it.
- Make a rough work plan before you start writing. This will greatly facilitate your work with sources of information, as you will already have an idea of what you need to look for.
- Although there is no strictly established volume of the dissertation, however, it is recommended not to exceed the following volumes for different types of dissertation:
- Master thesis – 50-100 pages of printed text.
- Candidate thesis – 150-200 pages of printed text.
- Doctoral thesis – 300-400 pages of printed text.
- Write down your thoughts and ideas that come to your mind while writing your thesis on a separate sheet of paper. Perhaps they will be useful to you in one of its chapters.
- The number of sections in the main part depends on the topic – the wider the topic, the more chapters.
- There are no strict requirements for the number of sources, but it is recommended to use no more than 100-150 sources for writing a thesis. Also, pay special attention to their relevance.
- There should not be any kind of mistakes in the thesis, so check your work very carefully, perhaps even several times before you pass it to the teacher.
- Evenly distribute the load of writing a thesis for a certain period, it is not necessary to postpone its writing at the last moment. The thesis is a work that requires an investment of effort and time, only, in this case, you will be able to successfully cope with its writing.