How do I study for English proficiency exam?
English Proficiency Exam Study Strategies
- Understand the test.
- Start listening early.
- Don’t neglect the verbal.
- Consider using flashcards.
- Get an official test-prep book.
- Find a tutor or a test-prep class.
- Work on your timing.
- Plan ahead for writing success.
What is an introductory phrase example?
Phrases are commonly used as introductions to a sentence. Words like ‘however,’ ‘indeed,’ ‘therefore;’ phrases like ‘on the one hand,’ ‘in particular,’ ‘for example,’ and ‘in the meantime’ are examples of introductory language that ought to be concluded with a comma when they begin a sentence.
What is the writing proficiency exam?
The Writing Proficiency Examination tests the ability of juniors to write a college-level persuasive essay. Each test-taker responds to one of two prompts by writing an essay of at least 300 words in a two‑hour period.
What makes a good English essay?
As with any other essay, you should have an introduction, an argument and a conclusion; the essay should offer a discussion which engages with more than a single point of view on the issues involved. Part of the skill of producing good examination answers is to know what to leave out as well as what to put in.
How do you write an English exam essay?
Instead, try the following:
- Perform a “memory dump.” Write down all the information you have had to memorize for the exam in note form.
- Read the questions and instructions carefully.
- Formulate a thesis that answers the question.
- Organize your supporting points.
- Make a persuasive argument.
How do you write a proficiency exam essay?
How to write an essay? | C2 Proficient (CPE)
- Step 1: Read the topic and write down two key points of each extract.
- Step 2: Introduction: Make a plain reference to the topic of the two texts.
- Step 3: Body paragraph (1) = Topic sentence + Point 1 + Point 2.
- Step 4: Body paragraph (2) = Topic sentence + Point 3 + Point4.
- Step 5: Body paragraph (3) = Your opinion.