Which is highly contagious disease?
Also known as whooping cough, pertussis is a highly contagious respiratory disease caused by the bacterium Bordetella pertussis. The infection causes uncontrollable coughing fits that result in a “whooping” sound and make it difficult to breathe.
Which disease is most infectious?
History’s nine most contagious diseases: Where are they now?
- Smallpox. Emerging in human populations around 10,000 B.C., smallpox eventually killed between 300 and 500 million people worldwide, during the 20th century alone.
- Typhoid Fever.
- Bubonic and Pneumonic Plagues.
What are 3 benefits to a healthy lifestyle?
Benefits of healthy living
- feeling better mentally – regular exercise can lift your mood and help you feel better.
- saving money – eating junk food, smoking, and drinking sugary drinks or alcohol are all expensive habits.
- fewer health problems – living a healthier lifestyle means a lower risk of developing many illnesses.
What should I eat for a healthy lifestyle?
Healthy Eating for a Healthy Weight
- Emphasizes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products.
- Includes lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts.
- Is low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars.
- Stays within your daily calorie needs.
What are the top 10 lifestyle diseases?
The diseases that appear to increase in frequency as countries become more industrialized and people live longer can include Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, atherosclerosis, asthma, cancer, chronic liver disease or cirrhosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, type 2 diabetes.
What are five healthy lifestyles?
Five Lifestyle Choices That Can Help You Live Longer
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Don’t smoke.
- Engage in at least 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity most days of the week.
- Consume no more than one alcoholic drink a day for women, no more than two drinks for men.
How do you start a healthy lifestyle?
14 Steps to a Healthy Lifestyle
- Drink more water. Most of us don’t drink enough water every day, but it is essential for our bodies to work properly.
- Get enough sleep.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Eat the rainbow.
- Cut down on processed foods.
- Avoid negative people in your life.
- Avoid negativity within yourself.
What are the common lifestyle diseases?
Lifestyle diseases include atherosclerosis, heart disease, and stroke; obesity and type 2 diabetes; and diseases associated with smoking and alcohol and drug abuse. Regular physical activity helps prevent obesity, heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, colon cancer, and premature mortality.
What are 3 ways in which diseases can be transmitted?
Infectious diseases can spread in a variety of ways: through the air, from direct or indirect contact with another person, soiled objects, skin or mucous membrane, saliva, urine, blood and body secretions, through sexual contact, and through contaminated food and water.
What viruses are contagious?
Common examples of contagious viral diseases include the flu, the common cold, HIV, and herpes. Other types of viral diseases spread through other means, such as the bite of an infected insect.
What is a good healthy lifestyle?
To maintain a healthy lifestyle, you need to keep eating healthy. Add more fruits and vegetables in your diet and eat less carbohydrates, high sodium and unhealthy fat. Avoid eating junk food and sweets. Avoid skipping a meal—this will only make your body crave more food the moment you resume eating.
Why it is important to be healthy?
Staying healthy physically can help you stay healthy emotionally too. If you’re eating the right food and keeping fit, your body will be strong and help you to cope with stress and also fight illness. Eating well and exercising often when you’re a teenager will also help you stay in good health later in life.
What are the ways to prevent lifestyle diseases?
Convincing and Probable Relationships between Dietary and Lifestyle Factors and Chronic Diseases.
- Avoid Tobacco Use.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight.
- Maintain Daily Physical Activity and Limit Television Watching.
- Eat a Healthy Diet.