How do you say no comment nicely?
How To Say No Comment Without Saying No Comment
- “I don’t have anything to say about that.”
- “I can not comment on these matters because they are under seal.”
- “I … have nothing to add to my former answer.”
Can you get charged without evidence?
What it comes down to is evidence, if you have been caught during the commission of a crime then you can be arrested on the spot, charged at the police station and interviewed under caution. If they have only a suspicion and no evidence then they can interview you voluntarily or under caution, then charge you.
What is the sentence of polite?
Examples of polite in a Sentence It was polite of him to hold the door for them. Please be polite to the guests. It isn’t polite to interrupt people when they’re talking.
How can I be polite?
- Use humour carefully. Aim not to cause any offence and know the boundaries of appropriate language for different situations. (
- Practise good personal hygiene.
- Be punctual.
- Always practise good table manners.
- Do not pick your nose or ears, chew on your fingers or bite your fingernails in public.
Is it rude to say no comment?
The issue with the ever so easy to say and often used phrase is that “no comment” really is a comment. Short of cursing and admitting guilt or failing to show remorse, it is very likely the worst thing you can say. By saying “no comment,” you often imply guilt or culpability.
Is it best to say no comment?
When going “No Comment” might not be a good idea An innocent suspect is taking a risk if they expect a Bench of Magistrates or a Jury to understand their rationale. The point of an interview, after all, is for the police to obtain evidence against the suspect by questioning them.
How long before police can charge you?
The police can hold you for up to 24 hours before they have to charge you with a crime or release you. They can apply to hold you for up to 36 or 96 hours if you’re suspected of a serious crime, eg murder.
Can you say no comment to police?
Make “NO COMMENT” to all questions. There is no such thing as a friendly chat with a police officer. Everything you say can and will likely be used as evidence. If they interview you, give a “No Comment” interview, unless under explicit advice from a good solicitor to make a written statement.
How do you write a polite sentence?
- [S] [T] It was just polite applause. (
- [S] [T] She made a polite bow to me. (
- [S] [T] Tom is polite and sensitive. (
- [S] [T] Everybody likes polite people. (
- [S] [T] He is being very polite today. (
- [S] [T] It is not very polite, either. (
- [S] [T] I was just trying to be polite. (