What do you put on a work cited page?
A standard MLA Works Cited entry is structured as follows: Author. “Title of the Source.” Title of the Container, Other contributors, Version, Number, Publisher, Publication date, Location. Only relevant information is included in the reference.
What is a citation in a report?
A citation tells the readers where the information came from. In your writing, you cite or refer to the source of information. A reference gives the readers details about the source so that they have a good understanding of what kind of source it is and could find the source themselves if necessary.
What are the parts of citation?
All APA reference list entries contain four main components: author, date, title, and source. Those components are organized as follows: Author. (Date).
What are the two components of a citation?
A proper citation has two parts:
- Citation in the bibliography. The reference list (APA) or works cited (MLA) list is an alphabetical list of citations for the sources you used in your work. This list appears at the end of your work.
- Corresponding in-text citations. You also need to create in-text citations.
What are the 9 core elements for a citation?
The nine core elements are: Author. “Title of the Source.” Title of the Container, Other contributors, Version, Number,Publisher, Publication date, Location. You only include information that is relevant to the type of source you’re citing.
Does period come after citation?
The final period or comma goes inside the quotation marks, even if it is not a part of the quoted material, unless the quotation is followed by a citation. If a citation in parentheses follows the quotation, the period follows the citation.
What is needed for MLA citations?
Components of Works Cited Entries
- Author. Author(s) and/or editor(s).
- Title of source. Book Title: And Subtitle if Included.
- Title of container, Book Title,
- Other contributors, Other contributors (if applicable),
- Version, Edition (if applicable),
- Number, Volume (if applicable),
- Publication date,
What are the two parts of MLA citation?
MLA Documentation has two parts: A detailed list of Works Cited. A citation within the text of the academic paper (parenthetical or in-text citation)