What is dance as entertainment?
The basis for entertainment is to take the observer to another world, to delight, or to create an emotional state of being different from the way they felt when they walked into the theater. Entertainment dances come in many forms, such as story dances, exotic dances, folk dances, contests, recitals, and concerts.
What are the natures of dance?
Here is a brief overview of some of the most popular styles of dance.
- Contemporary. This style of dance incorporates lyrical, modern, ballet and jazz.
- Ballet. Ballet is often referred to as the backbone of dance.
- Jazz. This type of dance is very fun and energetic.
How would you describe a girl dancing?
Describing graceful movements – thesaurus
- graceful. adjective. graceful movement is smooth and beautiful.
- smooth. adjective. a smooth movement is easy and well controlled.
- fluid. adjective.
- balletic. adjective.
- dainty. adjective.
- gentle. adjective.
- lithe. adjective.
- supple. adjective.
How do you write a dance performance essay?
Dance Performance Review Writing Steps
- In the introduction, give a general description of the dance performance.
- In a few sentences describe the atmosphere that created the performance and put emphasis on three characteristics that attracted the most attention.
- In the next paragraph, try to interpret the dance.
What is the slowest dance?
What is another name for dance?
Synonyms of dance
- (also cotillon),
What word is dance?
verb (used without object), danced, danc·ing. to move one’s feet or body, or both, rhythmically in a pattern of steps, especially to the accompaniment of music. to leap, skip, etc., as from excitement or emotion; move nimbly or quickly: to dance with joy. to bob up and down: The toy sailboats danced on the pond.
What is opposite of dance?
▲ Opposite of dancing for joy. moping. sulking.
Why is it that dance can be as entertainment activity?
The many forms of dance provide entertainment for all age groups and cultures. Since it combines many forms of entertainment – music, movement, storytelling, theatre – it provides a good example of the various ways that these forms can be combined to create entertainment for different purposes and audiences.
What’s the hardest dance to learn?
What is dance introduction?
Dance Defines… as an art form that generally refers to movement of the body, usually rhythmic and music, used as a form of expression, social interaction or presented in a spiritual or performance setting.