How do you use ipso facto in a sentence?
Ipso facto in a Sentence 🔉
- There are many more men in Alaska than there are women, ipso facto marriage comes easier for a lady.
- If a lot of people are preparing for a riot to break out, ipso facto it is likely to happen.
- Denial of scientific discoveries makes the religion ipso facto, illogical at best.
Who owns Daily Express UK?
In February 2018 Trinity Mirror acquired the Daily Express, and other publishing assets of Northern & Shell, in a deal worth £126.7 million.
Which billionaires own the media?
And then there are the elites who own media:
- Billionaire Jeff Bezos owns The Washington Post (he also owns 75% of Amazon, which recently acquired Whole Foods).
- Billionaire Mortimer Zuckerman owns US News & World Report and the New York Daily News.
- Billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong owns the Los Angeles Times.
Is the independent free?
Click here to download the Independent app free of charge The free-to-download app allows readers to swipe through the pages and sections from start to finish, tapping on articles to read the full stories. This area is updated throughout the day, and is completely free to use.
How do you use repartee in a sentence?
Repartee sentence example
- Their repartee set the tone for the evening.
- Dean ignored her repartee .
- She was enjoying the challenge and their repartee .
- Aries loves witty repartee that has a tinge of underlying sexual tension, so don’t be afraid to unload a few double entrendres with this sign.
What does ipso stand for?
Independent Press Standards Organisation
Who is the independent owned by?
|Print newspaper (1986–2016) Online newspaper (2016–present)
|The Lord Lebedev (41%) Sultan Muhammad Abuljadayel (30%) Justin Byam Shaw (26%) Minor shareholders (3%)
|Independent Digital News & Media Ltd
|7 October 1986
How do you use persiflage in a sentence?
Persiflage in a Sentence 🔉
- Since you used persiflage, I knew you were joking about my appearance.
- Everyone thought the persiflage between the actor and his wife was a hilarious conversation.
- At first Ted was worried about the persiflage between his daughters, but then he realized they were teasing each other.
Who regulates the British press?
What is ipso facto?
Ipso facto is a Latin phrase that means “by the fact itself.”
What is a repartee?
1a : a quick and witty reply. b : a succession or interchange of clever retorts : amusing and usually light sparring with words. 2 : adroitness and cleverness in reply : skill in repartee.
How do you use pragmatic in a sentence?
Pragmatic sentence example
- There were pragmatic inferences.
- There was no pragmatic solution to the problem.
- The tent is a choice of architectural strategy which is not merely pragmatic .
- The decision was pragmatic in nature.
What does meretricious persiflage mean?
Here’s a word that immediately communicates two things (to those who understand it): the discourse referred to is light, and the person speaking or writing is erudite. Thus, it is a high-toned means of blowing discourse away like dust. “Meretricious persiflage,” wrote D.H. Lawrence in Women in Love.
Who regulates print media?
The Federal Communications Commission regulates interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite and cable in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and U.S. territories.
How do you use the word plethora in a sentence?
Plethora sentence example
- I have a plethora of shirts, so I will donate some.
- Some coffee shops have a plethora of drinks to choose from, while others stick to the basics.
- Libraries have a plethora of books and movies to choose from.
- Contemporary dance is not blessed with a plethora of media coverage on any platform.
Which papers does Murdoch own UK?
Rothermere’s family have been running newspapers in the UK for more than a century. Murdoch has been a major force since be bought the broadsheet Sun in 1968 and relaunched it as a popular tabloid.
What does Murdoch own in UK?
After his initial acquisitions, Murdoch began expanding his media empire within the U.K, buying both the Times and The Sunday Times. Significantly, 21st Century Fox owned the majority shares in Sky News UK, and in 2018 Murdoch sold the company to US media conglomerate Comcast.
What does persiflage mean?
persiflage • \PER-suh-flahzh\ • noun. : frivolous bantering talk : light raillery.
What does exo facto mean?
from a thing done afterward
What does post facto mean?
adjective. : done, made, or formulated after the fact : retroactive.
Is the guardian a member of IPSO?
Format. Media organisations need not belong to IPSO or IMPRESS (the two UK press regulators). Of the major national newspapers, the Guardian, the Financial Times, and the Independent do not belong to IPSO or IMPRESS.
How do you spell repartee?
Repartee is “conversation marked by a series of witty retorts” (wiktionary). The word is spelled with no accents. It is apparently from the French repartie (with no accent). conversation or speech characterized by quick, witty comments or replies.
How reliable is Inews?
In 2019, inews.co.uk was named Britain’s most-trusted digital news brand, overtaking The Guardian. It continues to be repeatedly voted among the nation’s most-trusted digital news websites by audience measurement body PAMCo.
Who regulates the Guardian newspaper?
The Financial Times and The Guardian have established their own independent complaints systems instead. IPSO regulates more than 1,500 print titles and more than 1,100 online titles, including most of the UK’s national newspapers.
Is the Guardian regulated by Ipso?
Does IPSO regulate all newspapers and magazines in the UK? IPSO regulates most UK newspapers and magazines (but currently not the Guardian, Independent or Financial Times) If the publication you want to complain about is not a member of IPSO you can contact them directly.