What is the movie White Lies About?
Paraiti, a medicine woman, is approached by Maraea, who seeks her knowledge in order to hide a secret which could destroy a wealthy woman’s position in European settler society.
What do you do when you can’t trust your partner?
What To Do if You Don’t Trust Your Partner
- Be open, acknowledge feelings & practice being vulnerable.
- Assume your partner has good intentions.
- Be honest & communicate about key issues in your relationship.
- Acknowledge how past hurts may trigger mistrust in the present.
- Listen to your partner’s side of the story.
- Trust your intuition.
Is white lie based on a true story?
Lewis and Thomas spoke to The Canadian Press at last fall’s Toronto International Film Festival about the real-life scams that inspired the story, the motives behind online malingering and the challenges of writing an unsympathetic female character. “White Lie” is available for download on digital platforms.
How do you fix a liar?
How to cope with a pathological liar
- Don’t lose your temper. As frustrating as it may be, it’s important not to let your anger get the better of you when confronting a pathological liar.
- Expect denial.
- Remember that it’s not about you.
- Be supportive.
- Don’t engage them.
- Suggest medical help.
Where was the movie White Lie filmed?
How can you tell if your spouse is lying?
Possible Signs of Lying
- Avoidance of eye contact, eyes glancing to the right, staring past you, or turning away from you while talking.
- Being hesitant.
- Body language and facial expressions don’t match what is being said such as saying “no”, but nodding the head up and down.
- Continual denying of accusations.
How do you tell if you are being lied to?
Signs of Lying
- Being vague; offering few details.
- Repeating questions before answering them.
- Speaking in sentence fragments.
- Failing to provide specific details when a story is challenged.
- Grooming behaviors such as playing with hair or pressing fingers to lips.
Is it OK to lie to protect someone?
But before lying to protect someone’s interests or feelings, ask yourself not only whether you are lying to protect them, but also whether that person would believe your lie was well-intended if they found out. Even though paternalistic lies are often well-intentioned, if uncovered, they will usually backfire.
How do you know if your spouse is cheating on you?
You notice your spouse has a sense of confusion about him or herself. Your spouse seems to be picking fights more often. Your spouse gets very defensive if you mention infidelity or affairs. When you ask for reassurance about cheating, you do not feel satisfied with the response.
Why do we tell a lie?
Sometimes it’s to protect the liar from being punished, or to protect someone else from punishment. The lie might be to avoid being embarrassed, to hide an awkward situation, or to simply have others think better of the person telling the fib.