Why road safety is very important to us?
It is very important to be aware that road traffic injuries remain an important public health problem. When road safety products are utilized correctly or efficiently, they can help save lives, prevent accidents and injuries, and keep a society functioning in the most optimal way.
How do you explain safety?
Safety is a state in which hazards and conditions leading to physical, psychological or material harm are controlled in order to preserve the health and well-being of individuals and the community.
What is meant by road safety?
Road traffic safety refers to the methods and measures used to prevent road users from being killed or seriously injured. Typical road users include pedestrians, cyclists, motorists, vehicle passengers, horse riders, and passengers of on-road public transport (mainly buses and trams).
What are the safety rules on the road?
- Never Drink & Drive.
- Always Wear Seat Belt.
- Keep a Safe Distance from the vehicle ahead.
- Always Avoid Distractions.
- Never Break Red Signal.
- Always Drive Within Speed Limit.
- Avoid the Drowsiness While Driving.
- Watch Out For Drivers On the Road.
How can accidents at work be prevented?
10 Tips to Prevent Workplace Injuries
- Incorporate a safety and wellness plan.
- Conduct pre-placement physicals.
- Educate employees and management staff.
- Research safety vulnerabilities.
- Provide protection equipment.
- Have adequate staffing levels.
- Don’t take shortcuts.
- Inspect and maintain all company vehicles.
Can all accidents be prevented?
Myth #1 – Accidents just happen – Research shows that over 99 percent of all accidents are preventable. If you think that accidents just happen, then what allows you to drive down the road, walk down the sidewalk or even live in your home without great fear?
How do you prevent accidents?
Top Ten Tips To Avoid An Accident
- Develop the right attitude about driving.
- Get as much supervised practice driving as possible.
- ALWAYS wear your safety belt.
- Underage drinking and drug use is illegal.
- Limit your passengers.
- Limit your night driving.
- Keep it slow and safe for starters.
- Train for poor weather conditions.